We just designed our newest press kit for one of our clients and we are pleased at the feedback we are getting from the press. The kit takes a fresh look at the way media reads and uses the information we gather for them. We put our reporter hats on and we asked ourselves, what would help us write a feature story on this company? We packed the kit with interesting information in an easy-to-navigate layout that’s filled with well-designed data.
So what are the elements of a relevant press kit?
- Explanation of the company’s brands and subsidiaries
- Demographic snapshot of the company’s primary, secondary targeted and actual customers
- Newest product and service launches
- Photos and profiles of the founders along with their hopes, dreams and aspirations for the company
- Important company milestones that are transparent and meaningful for a great feature
- Curation of the best-selling products the company has to offer – the “hero” products
- A strong focus on how the company solves consumer problems
- Current facts, research and statistics about the market and how the company leads the market
- Key industry trends and how the products and services address those trends
- Examples of story pitches and how the company can help become a press resource for those ideas
- Some of the most popular questions and information requested by the company’s customers
- Contact information including direct dial/cell and email addresses