Thanks to MarketingCharts for these 2011 stats and facts.
Did you know – Facebook users don’t like to refer, big banks face a trust deficit and boomers spend the most online? More from Marketing Charts 2011. . .
- Worst time to schedule an email offer to your customers is 10 am to noon. This is considered the “do not disturb” zone. Your customers are more likely to be focusing on work or home-related chores.
- Best time to schedule an email newsletter with offers is 7 pm to 10 pm when recipients are more likely to respond with an average of 25% more open rates.
- Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are the 3 Top Three Social Networking Sites by US Market Share of Visits with Yahoo Answers, Tagged and LinkedIn right behind.
- YouTube, Hulu and Bing Videos are the 3 Top Video MultiMedia Websites by US Market Share of Visits with AOL, Yahoo! and iTunes in the running.
- Foursquare leads the way in deals and checks in as the most popular location-based application. Facebook Places, Gowalla, Yelp and Google Latitute lag behind.
- QR Code scans increased by 4,549% between Q12010 and Q12011. Mostily scanned by women in the family.
- 76% of businesses are using social networking for business objectives and 64% of marketers are integrating social media into their marketing plans.
- 6 out of 10 Twitter followers are existing customers.
- There are 200,000,000 million registered Twitter users and 450,000 new Twitter accounts created every day.