From what we hear around our office workspace, this is what many small and medium size business owners are currently plotting as they attempt to set sail into the sea of social everything.
- Concern about the quality and integrity of the content they are publishing and whether they are reaching their customers during critical moments along their buying path.
- Worry over the role of the “social content manager” – and high expectations to deliver value, day in and day out.
- Curiosity about companies like ThisMoment.com and their “Distributed Engagement Channel.” Is it necessary? Is it expensive?
- The real challenges involved in positioning their company(s) as “thought leaders“. Tip . . .write/film/tweet and share like a journalist, not a sales representative.
- Locating the best source of content (educational/inspirational/operational) for “micro entrepreneurs“. Some of our favorites -everything from @Fastcompany, You’re The Boss blog @nytimes, @entmagazine blog(s)
- And finally, their ever-changing technology roadmap when technology is emerging at the speed of light.