11 Tips on how to use media coverage to convert more customers and clients
Written and created for @MediaMogulsPR
- Link your coverage to your website home page and press page and make it a part of your “About Us” page.
- Send out an email to your customers and clients and be sure to embed the clip into the email, not just a link. Add an offer while you’re at it, so you will have something to measure.
- Start a conversation. Create social media buzz using the article topic, quotes, questions and include an offer, a call to action. Drive traffic to the article.
- Share the coverage with current and future clients to close a sale.
- Speaking of sales, make sure all of your reps and distributors have a copy of the article or clip to share with future prospects.
- Blog and vlog about it while you dive deeper into the article’s topic. This is your chance to expand on that quote. Be sure to link out to the reporter for added bonus points.
- Don’t forget to add it to your brand’s LinkedIn page.
- Go old school and print out a copy and laminate/frame it in your store, gym, spa or office. Good press will boost employee morale.
- If it is a product review, add it to your online e-commerce site right snack next to the product that was featured.
- Track it through Google Analytics, Open Site Explorer, Trackur, Radian6, Sprout Social. Do more of what’s working.
- Blow it up and add it to your marketing decks, brochures, and trade show booth banners.
Another idea is to take this list and add it to your marketing plan and strategy for each and every time you land a big story. When you take the time to promote your media clips the right way, it can also lead to additional opportunities for press coverage, collaborating with influencers in your niche and converting new customers.
Read the full article here