I am working on launching an online class called “The Market Sessions” this fall (Sept 2016) where I will share the most efficient and critical strategies for startup growth & success. Follow this blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel here for updates.
One of the first questions I get from owners and founders of startups and small businesses is “when should I begin branding and marketing my business?” In this short teaser video, I include a brief overview of how and when to start promoting your product or service.
Recommendations include –
- Beginning with a brand name and well a vision/mission and a brand guidelines map for media and strategic partners.
- A strong Icon that can be used when you grow globally.
- How to market before you actually manufacturer and/or launch.
- Taking pre-orders to test the market and help fund the future of your business.
- Once you start selling, continually checking reviews on Amazon, Yelp, Ebay – where ever customers are talking about you.
- Marketing IRL(in real life) matters just as much as social media. Make sure you are attending and networking at all important events.
- How user testing will help improve your website conversion.
- and why it’s important to stay organized along the way.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me @marketcouncil with your most challenging marketing or branding question.