- Make it easy to share stories, be interviewed, get your product reviewed or work on a creative collaboration. You want the influencer to know you are professionally prepared.
- Being professional and prepared helps overcome the barrier of loss aversion on the influencers part. He/She may be concerned that they won’t have the time to collaborate, so take that anxiety away. You do the prep work.
- If you have an aversion to selling yourself, then don’t sell. Educate, enlighten and inspire others. No need to come in hot and hard. Chill out and create useful and helpful content for your collaborators, influencers and customers
- Be ready to serve up your fresh idea for a collaboration with everything you need to get the story done.
- Make sure your bio is interesting to read and your photo is fresh.
- Review high res photos and crisp video content. Make sure it is good to go.
- You have done all the legwork. You have the facts, research and studies to back it up.
- You’ve included the state of the market, the background story, the players in your pitch.
- Finally make sure it’s easy to contact you to get moving on the story now.
Do you have a new health, wellness or fitness brand you are marketing? I’d love to hear about it. Please comment below and follow me @marketcouncil on Twitter.